Friday, November 20, 2009

And, she is off...


The morning started out very normal. I lulled my humans into a false sense of security. They have no idea that I know the days of the week. They try to get out of the house in the morning without me on Fridays. I am going to make a break for it.

It worked so well. They really aren't that smart. I waited until they opened the house door to go into the garage for shoes. (And why do they need these things. You don't see me putting on shoes to go outside.) I quiety snuck behind them to hide in the garage. I stayed behind the van to be completely out of sight.

The garage door opened and I had my out. I ran for it - they didn't even see me! But the neighbors were out for school too. It distracted me - darn my desperate need to socialize. I ran to them, but caught myself just in time. I made a quick turn and sprinted down the hill. I heard my older, rounder human tell someone that she just saw a white streak going down the hill. I still got it.

I was free! I love being free. If it were not for the food that the humans give me, I would probably stay free. There is no way to catch me. I am too fast and sneaky. The round human chased me in the car. There were even other humans from the neighborhood out to get me. I guess everyone knows me from my frequent trips around the neighborhood.

Still, I was drawn to all the humans. I wanted to run to them so bad. I did get so close, but I could see their hands reaching down to grab me. And then I was off in the other direction. Oh, but then there was a dog. It is a good thing I have practiced evasive maneauvers. I was able to greet the dog so many times and still get away. But no, now there is a little human. I had to get to her. I let her get close enough to touch me, but my craftiness and speed was just too much.

In the end, I was done in by me desire to say hello. I knew the hand was coming, but I needed that pet. I was back in the car, but so much more happy than I was before.

2 comments: